Core Principles and Goals of the IPCRN
- Facilitate GP's in maintaining The Medical Council's requirements for professional competence - particularly in in the areas of audit and research.
- Enable GP's to become more involved in planned research trial activities in the community.
- Enhance collaboration among network partners through access to literature, resources and training materials in research methodology.
- Provide General Practice with new applications/tools to audit and manage their patient care.
Our Core Principles
- We aim to promote research in Irish general practice for the benefit of patients.
- We aim to support clinical audit and professional competence.
- We aim to work with GPs and their practice staff to improve data quality and coding.
- We only work with anonymised patient data.
- We only work with general practitioners that have given consent to participate.
- We only work with research or developmental projects that have received ethical approval.
- We actively safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of all patient and practice data.
- We do not have a monitoring or governance role in terms of national GP processes, targets or indicators.